Tuesday 24 April 2018

New memories and adventures await

By Latella Smit

What a year this has been, I never thought I would be where I am today. I am truly blessed with this opportunity, which is allowing me to grow as a person and experience life in the US.  Being away from home is really hard and you miss your family so much but it makes you stronger.


Workaway International organised a bus trip for us to go up North to Orlando Universal Studios and it was such a wonderful experience - this has been my best experience so far. I have also been trying out local places and experiencing the nightlife at Delray. I would recommend Mizner Park, Blue Martini, Delray Atlantic Ave and Brickyard, if you are looking for a night out.




We discovered a factory shop called Burlington Coat Factory in Turtle Den. The factory shop sells name brand shoes for $20 to $35! You can also find branded shirts, gym wear, handbags and so much more. I usually spend about $100 and it is definitely money well spent.


In exactly 30 days I will be taking on my next journey to New York. I truly cannot wait to be a New Yorker for 6 months - it is a dream come true.




No comments:

Post a Comment