Thursday 22 June 2017

Summer in the mountains

By Nasiphi Sobahle

If you were to ask me to leave Florida and spend my summer working in the mountains in Pittsburg, Farmington – with the nearest grocery store about 45 minutes away - I would have politely declined. However, today marks a month since I left Florida and I am actually very happy in my new surroundings.


On the 13th of June, we took our very first field trip. We visited Ohio Pyle, a state park in Pennsylvania that boasts various outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting and so much more. I enjoyed appreciating the outdoors and experiencing it with friends who have become family. What a time to be alive!


The highlight of being on the Workaway International program is that I get to meet new people from all over the world. It is wonderful to think that so many people are connected through their passion for hospitality.



No comments:

Post a Comment