Tuesday 9 May 2017

What a season!

By Nasiphi Sobahle

It feels like it was just yesterday when we were packing our bags, getting ready to leave South Africa and head to the United States to work at our respective and prestigious country clubs in South Florida.


However, the season is slowly coming to an end and I would like to congratulate each and every candidate that made it through the winter season, regardless of which country club you are at. I know I speak for most when I say that it was not as easy as we had imagined it to be, but it was definitely worth it.


There are a few people I would like to thank - each of you have impacted my life, my experience and my career in more ways than one and for that I am forever grateful.
To Ms. Watkins (COO of Hunters Run Country Club):  Words fail when I reflect on the five seasons I have completed at Hunters Run. It has been the BEST! Thank you for all that you and your team have done for the Workaway Group. I speak for the majority when I say we are truly thankful for the opportunity.

To the F&B Management staff (Jadranka, Courtney, Todd, Luis & Steve): You are one of a kind. You have created such a pleasant and conducive working environment for us. Nothing warms my heart more than being assured that we can count on you and that you have our best interest at heart. It has been another successful season under your wing and I have learned so much from each and every one of you as you have all impacted my life differently. I have grown and discovered myself under your watch.

To the members of Hunters Run Country Club: WOW! I have developed and established such good relationships with all of you over the past five seasons. I do not only see myself serving members of the club, but serving my “family”.

To my Workaway International colleagues: Thank you for an amazing season, we had our ups and downs but we were able to remain united. I hope you found what you were seeking and I hope your experience at Hunters Run was nothing short of amazing. I wish you all well on your future endeavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment