Sunday 14 May 2017

New Beginnings

By Emma Seager

I have one more day left until I begin my journey to Long Island, New York. I cannot believe how quickly the past 6 months have gone! I have made some amazing memories and have had an experience of a lifetime. The Workaway International program has made so many things possible.


The hardest part is saying goodbye to all the amazing people who I have shared this experience with. If you considering doing this program alone, I can assure you, you will never be alone. You will make friends that become like family.

My roommate became like a sister to me. She left this morning to fly home and I am heartbroken. I am going to miss her so much. However, I know it is not goodbye but rather, “See you later”.



As one door closes, another one opens and I am so excited to see what New York has to offer. I will be making new friends and experiencing so many new things and I cannot even begin to describe my excitement. New York, I hope you are ready for me!

But first - I need to figure out how I am going to get all my stuff into one suitcase ;)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment