Monday 5 September 2016

Your dreams are valid!!!

Nasiphi Sobahle

“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” – Christopher Reeve

Too many times, we put our dreams off. We hesitate to seize opportunities such as that offered by Workaway International. Despite the fact that the South African youth are eager to travel, work and study abroad, many of us are held back by our lack of confidence – either concluding that such opportunities are too good to be true, or that we face too much competition.

If I can give my fellow South Africans one piece of advice, it is this: Your dreams are valid – you have to find the courage to follow them.


I can still recall how nervous I was when I embarked on the Workaway programme back in 2012. After all, the Tourism & Hospitality industry is competitive – it is imperative that one is well skilled, equipped with experience and groomed to the standards required by the industry. But I gathered my courage and grabbed the opportunity. Experience is such an advantage. I found my courage by  reminding myself that I had the experience and qualifications to contribute on an equal footing with the other candidates.


I am proud to say that I have never looked back since 2012, and I have learned so much in the seasons that I have completed. Hunters Run Golf Country Club has broadened my horizons, expanded my knowledge of the industry, and has groomed and equipped me with a bucket full of training.


I would like to personally congratulate every candidate who has been accepted by a country club thus far. I want to commend you for having the patience, because Workaway International takes pride in their work and their selection process. Celebrate that you have been accepted and continue having the positive attitude that has carried you through; you are going to need it for your visa interview.


What seemed impossible is now very possible. Do not give up; you are too close to the finishing line.

There is a lot of hard work ahead for you - but also so much fun! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Seize the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment