Thursday 25 August 2016

Back to Florida!

By Melissa Chauvet

It seems as if it was yesterday that I returned home from Florida. I cannot believe that in just over a month I will be heading back for my third season at Mirasol Country Club.


During my time at home, I have had the opportunity to help recruit candidates for Workaway International. It has been challenging and hard at times, but I got to meet amazing people and made friends with a good few of them.


I am sure the candidates who made it through the selection process are extremely excited to be taking on a great new adventure. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. You will not regret it. One piece of advice I can give is to prepare to be a little homesick, especially when you are working long hours. When you feel it coming on, remind yourself that you are with an amazing group of people who are in the same boat as you. Those feelings will soon pass. That often helped me, as did reminding myself why I took the chance to travel and work in the US in the first place.

Like any other job, it definitely gets easier once you get the hang of things. And then there are the most amazing distractions for the home-sick. You get to explore Florida and see what the American lifestyle is all about. How cool is that? See you on the other side of the Atlantic soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment