Monday 16 May 2016

Only a few weeks left in Florida!

By Amy Bruigom

So with only two weeks left in Florida and having the new club house finally up and running, the hours have been long and the shifts have been tiresome, but I can honestly say it has all been worth it.

The past few weeks have been filled with new experiences, meeting new people and being a part of a new beginning for Mirasol Country Club. With it being the end of the season, we have been able to attend festivities such as Sun Fest and start all the whole packing process once again. Some applicants will be going home, while others have the opportunities to go up north for the summer season.


Sun Fest 2016 – West Palm Beach

It’s crazy to think that I’ve already been in Florida for almost 6 months, when it’s honestly felt like a matter of moments. All the cool and exciting things I’ve seen and done have only been possible because of the program Workaway International has offered me and many others. Being able to extend my H2B visa and going to work in an up north Country Club, not only gives me the chance to see and experience New York, Boston, New London and many more places, but I get to start a whole new chapter in my adventure story. Being young and able to travel and broaden my horizon in hospitality is great. It’s so good to be confident in yourself, knowing that not only do you get to experience this for yourself first hand, but you make memories that will last a life time.


If I could give anyone one small bit of advice, if you have the urge to travel and work, Workaway International is definitely the best way to go about doing so. Yes you work hard, and you sometimes work long hours, but the things you experience and see along the way is worth every bit of effort you put into it.  You make lifelong friends and you learn to become very independent as a person.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment