Thursday 12 May 2016

It's not good bye, it's I'll see you soon!

By Megan Nevett

How true that is. The family you have bonded with are now all going their separate ways. Some are heading to New York, some Connecticut and some to Boston with me. The feeling is surreal.
The last few weeks have been nothing but slow days at work, packing and trying to fit in as much as possible in the days before we leave. There are farewell parties, and endless soppy hugs of "I'll miss you".


I'm looking forward to heading to a new place now. It's time for a new adventure. Meeting new people, learning different things, growing accustom to the typical Boston accent and growing in a strange environment which no doubt, in a few months, will become home.


The process is simple. Various clubs chat and give you the date you are needed, next thing you know, your flight is booked and you’re on your way. Visa extensions have been a slight hassle at times, but other than that, it's all taken care of for you.



In the beginning of this new journey, I said I would only be going for a year. The plan was to do a few new and exciting things, make some money, gain some experience and head back home… Now, after being here, I can honestly say that I don't think I want to go home anytime soon. I feel as if I still have so much to gain from this experience… My time for adventure has just begun.
 So, here's to the new family I have gained and the one I’m looking forward to meeting, the memories that I'll treasure forever and for all the nights of laughter and fun.


It's all been incredible, and I am truly honoured to have met the people that I have. Thank you doesn't begin to cover it.


I'll see you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment