Thursday 5 November 2015

Bon Voyage

By Melissa Chauvet

With time drawing closer to an end I would like to thank Workaway International, and honoured for being the Durban Representative.  Many Candidates have already taken on their journey to the United States, I wish them well on this great opportunity and adventure.


New candidates, and returners including myself will be leaving in January. I look forward to seeing familiar faces as well as new ones making the new comers feel welcome and comfortable in their new surroundings.


For those first time flyers I hope the flight was a good one and the lay overs were not too bad. Many candidates have already been in Florida for about a month and I hope they’re loving the experience and making the most of it.  I can only speak from experience for the new comers you will adapt soon, as the American’s make you feel at home. Once you have your apartment and settled in with your house mates it eases the whole journey of knowing you doing this as a team.  For those who will feel the old homesick creeping up, its natural and with time it gets easier.  For the Girls!!! Treat yourselves to some retail therapy. That definitely helps for the blues.



No comments:

Post a Comment