Wednesday 24 June 2015

Going strong

By Melissa Chauvet

Going into my fifth week of marketing and representing Durban for Workaway International - hoping to find the right candidates - is challenging, but exciting at the same time.  It involves a lot of travelling, which means I’m able to revisit towns that I haven’t seen in ages!


I’m used to the warm Durban climate, so my trip to Howick was a chilly one.  There is always a silver lining because upon reaching my destination, I was welcomed by a crackling fireplace – an unusual, but pleasant surprise.
During this particular period of the recruitment process, interviewing and getting to know some interesting and skilful people gives me great pleasure.  It makes me happy to know that some of them will be granted the opportunity to work at some of the most prestigious country clubs in the United States.



A word of advice for the applicants who are put forward for the interviews:  Please ensure that you are professionally groomed and well prepared for the Country Club interviews!  This means that you should be clean shaven, no visible tattoos and no facial piercings.  A note to the guys in particular:  Don’t forget your ties!
Remember those famous words you learn early in life: “Your first impression is the most lasting impression”... you’ve come so far - don’t mess it up.


Keep an eye out for upcoming presentation dates in your area.  I look forward to meeting more great candidates along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment