Thursday 12 September 2013

Our days are numbered...

By Janine Dawson

Wow, I have really gone through a roller coaster of emotions in these past few weeks! First the interviewing process which made me nervous and anxious, then waiting to hear if I was accepted, which seemed to take forever... and now finally after the pre-departure orientation, the confusion and excitement of hopefully leaving very soon!

Now that we're at STEP 7, everything seems to be real. Filling in the DS-160 form, going to the doctor, pathologist and radiologist. Hoping that everything is done properly is actually quite over-whelming. Besides all of that, time feels as if it has completely slowed down. I just can't wait for my interview with the consulate because after that it's time to get my ticket- yay! Now I have to start thinking of what clothes to take with, what I will pack and what I'll need while I'm there, so many decisions.




I seem to have so many lists: lists of things I still need to do, lists of things I still need to get, lists of things I need to pack and lists of things I want to do while I'm over there. Even though there is so much to prepare for and to remember, I feel like this is only the beginning... The adventure ahead is going to be amazing! It's going to be so exciting to meet the rest of my colleagues, to go to my country club, to see where I'll be living and to experience everything. I think the most important thing is to be positive.
"when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it"- Paulo Coelho



No comments:

Post a Comment