Friday 20 April 2012

As time grows shorter!

Its 3 weeks to the day until I leave a place that I have called home for the past 6 months...

It’s quite overwhelming, all the packing, I'm not quite sure how I managed it back home.

But, in true Boca fashion we are ending the season we are ending the season with a bang!

Yesterday morning (and I mean crack of dawn sort of morning) we embarked on our 4 hour trip to Key West. To say it was mind blowing would be a mild understatement.

A day filled with junk food, frozen cocktails, jet skiing, laughing, parasailing, swimming and camaraderie.

Out at sea, waiting to be hoisted 600ft in the air, a manager of ours said that moments like this are why we are with Workaway.

Even though sometimes the job has its ups and downs, the members can be demanding, the hours long and that the gym at Cypress isn't as cool as the one at the Grove, we have been given an amazing opportunity.

We have been given the chance to meet amazing people, see amazing things and in all honesty a lot of the members here are really amazing people. There was a member that flew fighter planes in World War 2 and another
that worked on the Manhattan Project. (Take my word for it that in itself is pretty amazing).

As time grows shorter we are realizing just how lucky we are to have gotten this opportunity.

I for one am unbelievably grateful...and I cannot wait to see where the journey takes me next.

Author: Melissa Rauch

No comments:

Post a Comment