Thursday 15 March 2012

The things we're missing!

The 6 months are nearly over and happily, and sadly, I'm not going home any time soon.

But sometimes it’s more sad than happy when I realize all of the things that I'm missing. This year my parents have their 30th wedding anniversary, my sister turns 18, and my older sister will be giving birth.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s going to be easier or harder to be away from them as the month’s progress. Luckily with work and all the amazing things to see in America I don't have a lot of spare time.

What do I do in my spare time? I'm busy finishing my TEFL course which is an English teaching certification. Paid for with the money I'm making here, ha ha. If this place gives me nothing it will have given me the opportunity to further my education. It sounds corny but it’s true. When I'm finished here in hopefully another year I'm planning on moving to Chile to teach English to under privileged children.
On my way to live the dream!
But no, I really don't think it’s going to get any easier to be away from the family. Luckily we have skype, bbm and international calling from T-mobile.

Author: Melissa Rauch

No comments:

Post a Comment