Monday 20 February 2012

Sea World...What an amazing adventure!


Well the season was trudging along and I’ve yet to do anything amazing yet. My housemates and I decided on a whim to rent a car for a weekend and take a trip up on a Monday to Sea World.

I’ve been to Sea World before, but it was at least 6yrs ago after a very long and tiring season, so I was really looking forward to this trip. We got up early in the morning and packed up the car for the 2 hours drive north to Orlando.

Walking into Sea World you are greeted by the Manta, one of the craziest rollercoasters I’ve ever seen. You basically hang like a stingray facing the ground and fly through the air and around some very twisty bends. After the rush of the first ride, we immediately ran back to do the ride again, and again.

One of the most amazing things is watching the Orca Whale show, Shamu. There is nothing more awe inspiring than watching these giants of the oceans perform majestic routines.

We then moved on to ride the Kraken. A rollercoaster that is almost 2 minutes long of twists and turns. It whips you along like a sea serpent moving through the seas. Of course after the trill of the ride, we had to do it again. I did feel like my spinal cord had been detached from brain after all the rides.

Later in the day we headed to Downtown Disney and got to like all the magic of the Disney characters as well as browsing through some very cool shops. The day ended with dinner at Planet Hollywood.

The next adventure planned is a 4-day trip next week to St. Augustine, one of the oldest cities in the USA. Founded in 1512, this historic city has still kept its old world charm. I will be there to attend a true American beach wedding.

After the wedding, I’ll be heading with the whole group from Addison Reserve to Universal Studios, so it will be a good 5 day mini vacation.

So, there will be more of my adventures to report in my next blog.

I also can’t believe that I am over half way through my stay here in the USA for this season and soon it will be time to return home to start the new recruitment season with Workaway. Presentation dates have already been posted on the Workaway website. Looking forward to seeing all the new recruits and to those that are on the program, don’t forget to refer your friends to the program for an incentive bonus at the end of the recruitment season.

Author: Andre Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment