Wednesday 17 August 2011

From Joburg to Cape Town!



It has been a very busy few weeks with interviews and presentations in Johannesburg. A departure is beckoning us and soon it will be time to jet set on a 24 hour journey to the USA!!!!

With interviews going so well, it was time for Boca West to touch down on South African soil. It was very nervous times for the candidates that were being interviewed; you could just see the fear in their eyes as they got closer and closer to the time for their interview. I tried hard to help them relax but from my past experience I know its very nerve wrecking!!! Interviews went very well and candidates left in high spirits.... hopeful that they would receive good news!

With the next week fast approaching it was time for some of the other clubs to do interviews...I started feeling very nervous as I was going to be on the other side of the fence. I was going to be conducting interviews for my club “Sailfish Point”. I must say the nerves were getting the better of me...but after the first few interviews were completed I felt much better :) I got to interview some REALLY nice people and knew I would have my work cut out for me when I had to make my final decisions on who I wanted to select!! Knowing that in the back of my mind I still had to go to Cape Town to meet more amazing people...

After the Johannesburg interviews it was a rush to get to OR Tambo Airport to catch a flight to Cape Town. Can you believe it I had never been to Cape Town before! Excitement had hit me that I was finally going to be in the Mother City, after so many of my good friends have told me how great it was, I was finally going to see it for myself. Getting on the plane I was now so anxious to get there. The flight was not one of my best as it was sooo full and I got the last seat on the plane right next to the toilet so just imagine....not fun!!

Finally I arrived in Cape Town... it felt like I was in another country! Driving to my hotel, The Westin, I was just picturing how it would look after the stories I had heard. WOW… it was amazing! Felt as if I was not supposed to be there!!!

After a good night’s sleep, I was off to Rondebosch for more interviews, hoping that the Capetonians would be as good as the Joburgers. Let me just say... they did not disappoint, got to meet some really, really nice people. It was really hard to make the final selection with so many fantastic people that I interviewed, wish I could have taken them all!!!!!

Interviews done...now it was time to enjoy the rest of my stay and have a good time with great friends, that I must add I met on the “Workaway Program” I had great fun in my short stay in the mother city and I will definitely be back soon!!!


Good luck to all the peeps, hope you all get calls to say you have been accepted!!!!!!!



Author: Tyrone Havenga

No comments:

Post a Comment