Wednesday 6 July 2011

Inspiration!




…….and so the recruiting continues.
I have just completed the interviews in Johannesburg and off to Durban I fly for our second presentation.


The presentation was great fun with Nolene, Chris and Jarryd sharing their experiences, these three managed to warm up the room with laughter… I thought that it is nice to see that even though at times in the USA it can get difficult, they all just seem to make the best out of it… Afterwards I screened a number of participants and can say I got to meet plenty of interesting candidates…


...I sat thinking of how amazing people can be; I had the opportunity to interview a young candidate of 21 years of age that has stayed in Thailand for 1 year where he completed his final year in Black belt Karate… Afterwards he studied hospitality and during his course arranged to write his exams earlier due to the fact that he was going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro….. All that at only 21! ………..I truly am inspired by many of the individuals that I get to meet and so blessed to be able to meet them.


But in the mean time so much is happening in Durban, with the Durban July just 1 day away. At the same time getting to host the IOC for the 2018 Winter Olympics… The whole city was buzzing…making me remember the interviews in Johannesburg at the Southern Sun last year, where we got to meet the Bafana Bafana team, as they stayed at the Hotel for the FIFA World Cup… Seems like just yesterday that we hosted the 2010 FIFA World cup…


But work awaits and time is running out in Sunny Durban and so I had to head back to Freezing Johannesburg… landing at the airport I thought I had flown to Ice land.. Nose frozen and teeth chattering I managed to gather my luggage and head home to a warm bed… Knowing that the week ahead would be a chilling one, I still managed to smile at the idea of how many people I am going to get to meet Who knows maybe it is you reading this blog…


Thought for the day… On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. - Friedrich Nietzsche



Author: Lucille Earle

No comments:

Post a Comment